Bord Gáis Energy Theatre are thrilled to announce that the Olivier Award-nominated Singin’ in the Rain will storm its way to Bord Gáis Energy Theatre this summer.
The most marvellous musical of all time, based on the classic Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film starring Gene Kelly, Donald O’Connor, and Debbie Reynolds, will have a one week run from Tuesday 31st of May until Saturday 4th of June 2022.
Tickets priced from €21.00 go on sale through Ticketmaster on Friday 4th February 2022.
This new acclaimed production of Singin’ in the Rain opened at Chichester Festival Theatre and extended due to unprecedented public demand, before a transfer to London which received huge critical acclaim and four Olivier Award nominations! Full casting is yet to be announced.
Since then, Singin In The Rain has played to more than 750,000 people…. some leaving the theatre a little wetter than when they arrived! In fact, did you know, the iconic rain scenes:
• Use 6k litres of water, equivalent to 5 tonnes (here’s a list of things which also weigh 5 tonnes: 2 Rhinos, 11 Grand Pianos or 30 Panda Bears!)
• Uses over 100 metres of heavy duty rubber hose
• Takes 15 minutes to drain. Afterwards it is recovered, it is then re-cycled, cleaned and used again
• Heats the water to 37 degrees for performer comfort!
Singin’ in the Rain features songs by Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed, including Make ‘em Laugh, Good Morning, Moses Supposes and Singin’ in the Rain. Original screenplay and adaptations are by Betty Comden and Adolph Green. Reuniting the original Chichester production team, Singin’ in the Rain will be directed by Jonathan Church, with Olivier Award-nominated choreography by Andrew Wright. The production is designed by Simon Higlett, with lighting by Tim Mitchell. Stuart Burt is Casting Director.
The stage production of Singin’ in the Rain is based on the classic Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film, regularly voted the most popular film musical of all time.
Singin’ in the Rain also reunites the original director Jonathan Church with choreographer Andrew Wright. Michael Harrison Entertainment and Jonathan Church Productions present the Chichester Festival Theatre and Stage Entertainment Production of Singin’ in the Rain.
TUES 31st MAY – SAT 4th JUNE 2022
Tickets are on sale now!
- Dublin’s iconic Café en Seine Celebrates 30 years of excellence with a star-studded affair
- Ultraceuticals skincare celebrates 25 years at The Shelbourne
- Actress and breast cancer survivor Karen Egan urges public to get behind the Irish Cancer Society’s Big Pink Breakfast campaign
- Dog lovers united at sunset for ‘The Big Paws’ with Dogs Trust Ireland
- Corban Walker’s first solo exhibition