Six couples took to the floor for the first show of the new series of the eagerly anticipated return of Dancing with the Stars on RTÉ One.
First up, it was the turn of Neil Delamere, Missy Keating, Nicolas Roche, Cathy Kelly, Nina Carberry, and Gráinne Seoige to take to the stage. Erica Cody, Aengus Mac Grianna, Matthew Mac Nabb, Ellen Keane, and Jordan Conroy are set to perform for show 2 next Sunday evening.
Kicking off the show, a selection of the pro-dancers performed a routine to Clean Bandit’s Symphony. Presenters Jennifer Zamparelli and Nicky Byrne were back at the helm, and tonight was the first show for new judge, Arthur Gourounlian, who joined the panel alongside returning judges Loraine Barry and Brian Redmond.
First to take to the stage for the new series was comedian Neil Delamere and his professional partner, Kylee Vincent. The pair hit the ground running with a paso doble performed to the music of I Believe in the Thing Called Love.
Loraine said: “You, me, and the whole nation have been waiting for the first dance on series five of Dancing with the Stars, and what a powerful number you have. There’s a lot of power here and a lot of strength. First dance out, at the beginning of the season, I’m very impressed”
Brian said: “It wouldn’t be week one without them booing me already… The intensity is great, it just needs to be a little bit calmer, a little bit more relaxed.”
Dancing with the Stars will return to our screens next Sunday at 6.30pm on RTE ONE.
PHOTOS – Kyran O’Brien
- Introducing Bellamianta’s 4-in-1 makeup brush – your new beauty ally!
- “Balbriggan Stockings, Old Masters and the Bells of Howth” at the Bracken Court on Weds next, 8pm
- Photography a great release – see what St Brigid’s Group has to offer, exhibition now at Blanchardstown Library
- Keep our children safe: state bodies unite to launch National Children First Awareness Week
- Fingal businesses and community groups called to try out new eCargo bikes!