Actors Charlie Reid and Lochlann O’Mearain stepped out alongside the Director Emer Reynolds for the Irish Premiere of the film Joyride at Dublin’s Lighthouse Cinema .
The film which also stars Olivia Colman tells the story of Irish 12-year-old Mully who steals a taxi to flee from his father , he is shocked to find a woman, Joy, in the back seat with a baby. Joy has decided to give her child away to a friend, and Mully needs to get some distance from his debt-ridden dad, who’s after the cash Mully has with him.
The unlikely pair go on a journey across Ireland, gradually finding the friendship, love and learning they never knew they needed, in each other.
Joyride was filmed in the south west of Ireland.
Also spotted at the screening was Kin Star Clare Dunne as well as Caroline Grace Cassidy and actresses Aislin McGuckin and Ssuannah De Wrixton.
Photos: Brian McEvoy
- TABLE TENNIS: Bonchev lands World Youth silver medal in Croatia
- Bidders have ’til 1pm tomorrow to secure quirky contents of KIN’s ‘The Furry Bog’ pub
- Do you want to find out more about Fingal’s next Heritage Plan? Join a webinar on Tuesday next
- Your Ultimate Guide to Dublin City
- dlr Festival of Inclusion – Celebrating diversity and empowering differences