It was an emotional rollercoaster attending my first ever Theatre Royal Remembered.
The National Concert Hall was the venue which was lovely as was the trip down memory lane in relation to the songs not only sung by professional singers Gerry and Kathleen Noonan with Pauline Cooper on piano but the audience joined in as well.
Conor Doyle the organizer, who is the godson of the late great Jimmy O’Dea, had not only pictures but original footage of the late Maureen Potter ,Jimmy and Noel Purcell.
My husband Jim, went to the Royal to see Roy Rogers with his brother John and his dad and when Conor asked the audience who saw Roy Rogers and Jim put up his hand, it felt so inclusive.
Joe Gallagher, who got engaged to his wife Maureen and then went to see Danny Kaye, was also there with his daughter Fiona and they too really enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
Bring on the next show.
- “Balbriggan Stockings, Old Masters and the Bells of Howth” at the Bracken Court on Weds next, 8pm
- Photography a great release – see what St Brigid’s Group has to offer, exhibition now at Blanchardstown Library
- Keep our children safe: state bodies unite to launch National Children First Awareness Week
- Fingal businesses and community groups called to try out new eCargo bikes!
- Note venue change for tonight’s Housing Information Event with FCC