Dublin City Council’s Smithfield Fleadh returned last weekend with the best of traditional music, song and dance for all the family to enjoy.
The free family friendly event celebrated Irish traditional music, offering a programme which included singing, dancing, discussions and workshops, showcasing the diversity of traditional Irish music across generations. Performers this year include The Bonnymen, The Dublin Trio with Kevin Conneff of The Chieftains, Pólca 4, Harp Ireland, Na Píobairí Uilleann, Comhaltas, Irish Traditional Music Archive interviews, the Fingal Mummers, Poster Fish, and a chance to join in to learn a few steps at a Sean-Nos Dancing workshop as well as Balfolk’s ‘Euro-Céilí’ Folk Dancing!
- Shopping Centre prominent for Mental Health Ireland
- ‘We’re running the Dublin Marathon for our son Ross – and to help other parents and families to cope with suicide’
- One in ten people in Ireland do not have a family GP
- Disney’s Hit Musical “Aladdin” flies into the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre March 2024
- Marty Morrissey at the premiere of the Hurler -A Campions Tale