RNLI hosted a Water Safety Training event recently for Skerries Rowing Club, writes Rose Barrett.
The club extended a hearty thank you to Stan Pyke (Water Safety Officer) and the RNLI Skerries for hosting the talk on water safety last weekend for club members.
“The course covered a wide range of topics including life jackets, reading the local weather conditions and how to respond in the event of an emergency on the water. We are very thankful to the RNLI for their continued support and education of our club members,” said a club spokesperson.
PHOTO courtesy of Skerries Rowing Club
- Microsoft Ireland pedals past €1m milestone for LauraLynn in decade-long cycling challenge
- Abandoned or badly parked Tier bikes up by 30pc during the summer: €20 fines applicable
- Glorious nostalgia as Shania Twain elevates at 3Arena gig
- €9m approved in principle for Iveagh Markets regeneration
- GAA Museum celebrates 25 years as a top visitors’ attraction