Published by boutique Irish publishing house Nine Bean Rows, Butter Boy is the complete collection of all 152 articles and over 450 recipes from Paul Flynn’s tenure as food writer from three unusual years, November 2019 to October 2022, a time when cooking and mealtimes took on new meaning.
Having a cookery school has taught Paul that most people want tasty food that doesn’t take hours to make, so that’s exactly what these recipes are, using easy techniques that even the most novice cook can master. As Paul says, ‘The most important thing is not to be afraid. Turn down the heat and keep calm.’
Paul’s food is simple, seasonal and family-oriented. It’s designed to give comfort at any time of year because after a hard day, cooking dinner can be soothing and eating it can be comforting. Afterwards, the world feels just that little bit better.
Warm, witty and laugh-out-loud funny, reading and cooking from Butter Boy is like spending time in the kitchen with an old friend.
Photographer: 1IMAGE/Bryan Brophy
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!