Open House Dublin is a free festival of architecture for all ages with a variety of guided tours and events taking place across Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown from October 7th to the 15th.
Children and family events range from an interactive, educational, augmented reality game called ‘Fernhill Park Experience’ in Fernhill House to a ‘Biodiversity Wild Autumn Scavenger Hunt’ in Marlay Park, writes Alex Greaney.
Families can also explore the hidden gem of Celtic revival art in the Oratory in Dún Laoghaire and climb up the Obelisk on Killiney Hill with wonderful coastal views. Meet visual artist Mary Burke in the dlr Lexicon for a discussion on how architecture of the home has informed her work.
Through visits, talks, tours, lectures, workshops, podcasts, engaging with artists, and more, Open House Dublin will reveal how Dublin and people reflect and depend on each other.
Events are free but pre-booking is required on openhousedublin.com
- Get a glowing look with celebrity favourite JCat’s ‘SkinSurance’ Foundation!
- RSA warning following heavy rainfall and winds: slow down!
- WINNERS OF YOUNG CHEF YOUNG WAITER AWARDS AT EVENT IN TITANIC BELFAST
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made