It has been the talk of the television world since it aired which is why Normal People getting seven nominations at this year’s BAFTA TV Awards caused little surprised when the contenders were announced today.
It will be fighing for gongs in the best mini-series category, while the leading female and male actors, Daisy Edgar-Jones and Paul Mescal have both been recognised with nominations.
Edgar-Jones (22) played Marianne in the 12-part adaptation of Sally Rooney’s acclaimed novel.
The hit show was directed by Lenny Abrahamson and English director Hettie Macdonald.
She goes head to head with an impressive list of nominations including Billie Piper, Letitia Wright and Michaela Coel for ultimate honours in the prestigious best actress category.
Mescal, who played Connell in the series televised on both the BBC and RTÉ One, is nominated in the coveted leading actor category.
- Meath youth wows Britain’s Got Talent!
- Almost €1.75m in funding for 26 projects across Fingal
- Peer pressure revealed as number one deterrent of gum littering
- Heart attacks more likely to occur on a Monday reveals major medical study
- Dublin’s Port Tunnel lighting up the road to energy efficiency