On Saturday September 30th dlr Festival of Inclusion presents Mincéirí Traveller Cabaret Performance at dlr LexIcon Library at 7.30pm, writes Alex Greaney.
Produced by Mary Mc Productions in partnership with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Mincéirí Cabaret is Ireland’s first ever Irish Traveller Cabaret. Comprising performances by seven Traveller participants and three prolific professional Traveller artists, Oein DeBhairduin, Fin Furey, and Leanne Mc Donagh; this community participation project will showcase the artistic and creative prowess of the Traveller Community. Tickets are free but booking is essential via Eventbrite, writes Alex Greaney.
Celebrating the final year of the Decade of Centenaries (2013 – 2023), the participants have creatively engaged with literature and art that influenced and arose from the socio- political events of 1913-1923 throughout the project. From this work they have created performances and re-interpretations of seminal pieces of Irish literature commemorating the formation of modern Ireland. Featuring the writings of WB Yeats, Seán O’Casey, Dorothy Macardle, and Eva Gore-Booth, Mincéirí Cabaret promises an evening of entertainment and critical reflection through music, poetry, visual art, and drama.
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!