The Irish Kennel Club (IKC), a volunteer organisation championing ethical dog breeding, will celebrate its centenary year in 2022 with a full programme of special events, kicking off with a Festival of Dogs in Leopardstown Racecourse, writes Rachel Cunningham.
The event will be held this weekend, on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29, between 10am and 5pm. Attendees can meet the experts and get advice on everything from suitable breeds, nutrition, rearing and training.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet over 50 different breeds from around the world, including Ireland’s very own nine native breeds, which have recently been granted heritage status.
The IKC will also be launching the Golden Paws Hero Dog Award, which will be bestowed to a special canine superhero for acts of bravery and courage in the field.
- Guinness Storehouse No 1 tourist attraction in Europe – ahead of Buckingham Palace and Eiffel Tower!
- Minister launches the Substation at Dublin Port
- Freestyle fun as world record tumbles at Ballymun United
- Shane Filan leads ‘Relay for Life’ in the Aviva Stadium
- Women in Dublin urged to register for free heart health webinar