In Photos: A special IFTA preview screening of Frank Berry’s ‘ Aisha’ at the Savoy Cinema in O’Connell Street,Dublin.
Aisha tells the story of a young Nigerian woman seeking asylum in Ireland, she is floundering in a maze of social services and bureaucracy, Alone and unwilling to sacrifice her dignity to satisfy the demands of the authorities, she finds an ally in Conor, an employee at her residence home. a local young man with a troubled past of his own.
Together they struggle to maintain their tender friendship in the face of Aisha’s increasingly dire predicament and her rapidly diminishing options.
Starrings Letitia Wright and Josh O’Connor, Aisha is in cinemas and on Sky Cinema now.
Pictures Brian McEvoy
- White water facility floated again for Dock area
- Eddie Hearn has something big planned for Dublin big man Thomas Carty
- Shopping Centre prominent for Mental Health Ireland
- ‘We’re running the Dublin Marathon for our son Ross – and to help other parents and families to cope with suicide’
- One in ten people in Ireland do not have a family GP