Dublin 12 locals can look forward to a suite of theatre performances to attend this week, writes Rachel Cunningham.
Quintessence Theatre, in association with Droichead Arts Centre, is presenting The Curious Case of Albert Cashier: Lincoln’s ‘Lady’ Soldier this weekend.
This original new play devised by Quintessence Theatre will be performed this Saturday, October 28.
The company will combine its innovative physical storytelling techniques with multi-media projection and emotive music to dramatise the incredible true story of the Clogherhead-born Transgender soldier.
Autobahn by Neil LaBute and Dead Man’s Bells by Méabh de Brún will also run until October 28.
Autobahn is a provocative collection of three short plays, each set within the confines of the front seat of a car, by world famous American playwright Neil LaBute.
Dead Man’s Bells is a dark comedy is a gothic, rural tale of inheritance, rivalry and misdeeds, unreliably told by three sisters.
Finally, Jackula will take place on Sunday, October 29, at 1pm and 4pm.
The tale of Dracula’s younger brother will bring the audience along on Jackula’s quest to step out of his older brother’s figurative shadow.
- Well known faces support the Breast Cancer Ireland Christmas Lunch
- Post-Party: “A good idea can be spontaneous and romantic”
- Your chance to become a part of the ‘Forever Young Festival’ owners
- ‘Grafton Street Lights’ by Aimée wins Kildare Village Christmas FM Song Contest 2023
- Tributes flow in for the late Jonathan Irwin, co-founder of The Jack and Jill Foundation