It’s all Summer Colour as Irish Actors step out at the premiere screening of Redemption of a Rogue at the Lighthouse Cinema,Dublin.
Dublin’s Lighthouse Cinema was buzzing as guests arrived for a socially distanced screening of the film Redemption of a Rogue on Tuesday evening.
The film stars a host of well known Irish faces including Kevin McGahern and Aaron Monaghan, Liz Fitzgibbon,Aisling O Mara and Fiona Fitzpatrick,
The film tells the story of dishevelled Jimmy Cullen who returns to Co Cavan after seven years of exile to make peace with his dying father and seek redemption for past sins before he too bids this world farewell.
Moments after his arrival, his father breathes his last and a steady rain begins to pour. A condition in his will reveals that he must not be buried on a wet day or Jimmy and his brother will be disinherited. With no sign of the rain abating, Jimmy embarks on an existential journey to make amends and ultimately redeems himself through love.
In the bold, darkly-comic debut, Cavan native Philip Doherty has captured the austere beauty of the county and the claustrophobic, often surreal texture of smalltown life with pin-sharp precision
- Dangers and threat of Nitrous Oxide not fully realised
- Legendary Dublin painting and sketching club celebrate 150th anniversary
- Gallery Spring 2024 at Dunnes Stores with Astrid, Opal and Bonita on the way
- Almost 10,000 Dublin people homeless
- Six week Tradfest series on RTÉ showcasing the stunning Malahide Castle