Enchanted April, Matthew Barber’s romantic comedy from the novel by Elizabeth von Arnim, is now playing at 8pm everynight at the Pavilion Theatre, Dún Laoghaire, until Saturday 19 November 2022.
Feeling lost in the shadows of marriage and forgotten in the rush of 1920s post-war society, two London housewives pool their savings to rent a villa in Italy for a ladies-only holiday, reluctantly recruiting a pair of difficult upper-class women to share the cost.
Together under the Mediterranean sun, the four women clash — and then begin to bond and bloom — until men once again upset the balance!
Directed by Joan E. Gregg and Brenda Donoghue, the cast for this heart-warming play features Lynn Windle, Janet McKennedy, Jilly McDonough and Fiona Darling as the four women escaping a grey London, with Tom Delahunty and Gus Nicholls as their husbands, Frank McGovern as the owner of the castle and Anne Döring as the Italian housekeeper.
Enchanted April marks the return of St Patrick’s Dramatic Society, Dalkey to the Pavilion Theatre.
Tickets are €20 and available from Pavilion Theatre Box Office (tel. 01 231 2929) or www.paviliontheatre.ie
- Proactive steps for your baby’s health
- Host a coffee morning, attend a coffee morning or donate to the cause to raise vital funds
- Ryanair claim winter flights reduction from Dublin Airport is due to daa’s “mismanagement” and lack of forward planning
- Ladies full boxy, mind and soul workout
- Fingal prioritise ‘Make Way Day’ with new Access Officer appointed