Dlr County Council and Happy Out officially launched the new café at the Dún Laoghaire Baths.
The vision for the café is to create an atmosphere of fun, empathy, and inclusion, where locals and visitors can enjoy delicious food, superb coffee, and receive wonderful service from a team of dedicated young adults with Down syndrome. Happy Out and Together Academy were chosen to operate this unique new café at the Dún Laoghaire Baths, following a public tender process earlier this year.
The Together Academy was set up by parents of children with Down syndrome and is a unique social enterprise in Dublin, supported by the Down syndrome centre, that provides young adults with Down syndrome certified training, practical work experience, employment opportunities and a critical social and support network.
The café will open from 7am to 6pm Sunday to Monday and 7am to 9pm Thursday to Saturday.
Pictures Peter Cavanagh
- Abandoned or badly parked Tier bikes up by 30pc during the summer: €20 fines applicable
- Glorious nostalgia as Shania Twain elevates at 3Arena gig
- €9m approved in principle for Iveagh Markets regeneration
- GAA Museum celebrates 25 years as a top visitors’ attraction
- Keith Barry opens new Abrakebabra Store on Grafton Street