The third of three musicians to take up residency as part of this year’s dlr Musicians-in-Residence Scheme, Simon Morgan, will present a concert of work developed during his residency this October, writes Alex Greaney.
Singer and composer Morgan is one of Ireland’s finest high baritones, a graduate of University College Dublin, The Royal Irish Academy of Music, and The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
During his residency, Simon is collaborating with guitarist Drazen Derek and saxophonist Richie Buckley to develop material drawing on jazz and traditional Irish influences for the soon to be relaunched Café Orchestra musical collective.
Simon will be joined on stage by several members of the collective for the performance to celebrate the end of his residency at dlr LexIcon’s Studio space on Thursday October 5th at 7pm.
Simon is the recipient of one of two residencies for established musicians awarded in 2023 – the second, violinist Lidia Jewloszewicz-Clarke, completed her residency in July. The scheme also provided a further residency for emerging guitarist Chris Comhaill in May.
Tickets are €5 and available to purchase from Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Arts Office on Eventbrite now.
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!