Volunteers are needed for the first Darkness into Light walk to be taking place in Corkagh Park, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 on the morning of Saturday May 7, writes Rachel Cunningham.
Each year, the walk provides an opportunity for people to connect with their local community and to bring hope to people who have been affected by suicide.
Since its inception in 2009, its supporters have helped to raise almost €29 million, which has enabled Pieta to keep its doors and 24/7 helpline open for people in crisis, free of charge.
Anyone interested in volunteering is invited to email [email protected]
- Council joins Bord Bia Bloom Festival with special parklet
- SOS protest re polluted waters
- Food basket report reveals continuing pressure on family budgets
- Pádraig Harrington announces Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind’s Nationwide Golf Challenge
- Diesel and petrol prices already on the rise