Inquiry seeks phone video

by Gazette Reporter
0 comment

Gardai in Swords investigating an assault which took place in broad daylight last week, are appealing to members of the public who may have captured the incident on their mobile phone.

At approximately 12.50pm on Thursday, October 10, a male aged in his 40s sustained serious head injuries during a dispute with a second male on Main Street in Swords.

He was then taken by ambulance to Beaumont Hospital.

Following the incident, local gardai issued an appeal for witnesses to come forward.

A second male, aged in his 30s, was arrested at the scene and was due to appear in court earlier this week.

Speaking to the Gazette, a spokesperson for the local gardai said he believes there are a number of witnesses who have yet to come forward.

“There were a lot of people there and there are a number of people we haven’t heard from yet. We especially want to hear from people who may have captured the dispute on a mobile phone,” he said.

“It wasn’t over in a flash; it was an altercation that ended with a beating. If someone captured any of it on their mobile phone, it would help with the investigation.”

The spokesperson said the reason for the dispute has yet to be confirmed and it is believed that the two men were known to each other.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Swords Garda Station on 01-6664700 or the Garda Confidential line 1800 666 111.

Related Articles