Celtic’s super sub scores four

by Gazette Reporter
0 comment

Another week, another great set of high-scoring results for Castleknock Celtic’s underage sides.

Celtic’s Under-19s AFL/AUL team hosted Parkvale FC at Porterstown and, after a terrific strike by Parkvale early on, the home side settled into their passing game and were on level terms by half time with a strike by Scott Browne.

The second half was totally one-sided, Gareth Ruane and Luke Doyle putting Celtic 3-1 ahead. It was then the turn of Eoin Newman who converted a penalty awarded after Colm McGovern had been upended in the box.

Matthew McEntee came on as a substitute for the final quarter of the game and proceeded to hit four goals in an exhibition of finishing, taking almost every opportunity that presented itself. Celtic maintain their title challenge, keeping their 100 per cent record in the league intact.

Celtic’s DDSL Under-17s, second-placed in their league, were at home to 11th-placed Confey FC and the difference in strength was clear as the home side ran out comfortable winners, with a brace each for Paul Donoghue and Kevin Miller, with Aaron Caffrey completing the scoring in a 5-1 victory.

The AUL Premier C Sunday team were equally in free-scoring form as they hit five past St Brendan’s United with goals from the prolific Joey Crampton, Johnny Quinn, Stephen O’Callaghan and a brace from John Byrne.

This result keeps Celtic in second spot in the league.

Celtic’s DDSL Under-12s were in good form but let slip three goals to allow visitors Manortown to come back and claim a draw in their encounter and a share of the points. The scorers for Celtic were Josh Mulligan, Matthew Smith and Robert Rebegea.

The 12B Celts made the short trip to Glasnevin for their league encounter. Celtic were 1-0 up within two minutes when John Kane made a run down the left before his deflected pass ran to Ciaran Collins, who planted the ball in the net to give Celtic the lead.

A moment of magic in the second half by Collins changed the game. A quick break saw him beat two players before delivering an inch-perfect pass on to the head of Leigh Reilly, whose deft header left the Glasnevin keeper with no chance.

Minutes later, it was 3-0 with the same combination of Collins the provider and Reilly the finisher.

Soon after it was 4-0 when Collins teed up Reilly to slot home to complete his hat-trick. Reilly hit his fourth and Celtic’s fifth for a resounding 5-0 win.

Related Articles