While the Ballymun Triathlon may have been postponed last Saturday, that didn’t stop the Ballymun Regional Youth Resource and Trinity Comprehensive School triathlon group completing a triathlon of their own in the school grounds.
The group had completed 16 weeks of training with BRYR youth workers Kenneth Coakley and Kevin Kelly, with Ger Prendergast their mentor, meeting after school every Wednesday for strength training in the gym as well as runs and cycles.
In the school gym, the seven aspiring triathletes completed a 3km turbo row and a 18 km bike and then went outdoors to run t2 laps of the school’s Daily Mile loop – a total of 6km.
First home in 1 hour 23 minutes were Sean McKenna and Rick Tientcher, followed closely by Bogdan Postalachi, Josh O’Shaughnessy, Blake Dunne and the two girls – Chelsea Murray and Ellen Kennedy.
*A last minute technical problem forced the postponement of the Ballymun Triathlon; the organisers are now looking at a September date.
- Eddie Hearn has something big planned for Dublin big man Thomas Carty
- Shopping Centre prominent for Mental Health Ireland
- ‘We’re running the Dublin Marathon for our son Ross – and to help other parents and families to cope with suicide’
- One in ten people in Ireland do not have a family GP
- Disney’s Hit Musical “Aladdin” flies into the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre March 2024