For the fifth successive round, there has been a change at the top of the men’s EY Hockey League with Three Rock Rovers taking over from Lisnagarvey after a dramatic day in the elite competition.
Rovers were 3-1 winners at Annadale, coming back from a goal down with Ben Johnson scoring twice for the second week running in Ulster, netting either side of a Ross Canning penalty stroke.
James Clark had given Dale the dream start with a fourth minute opening goal but the defeat has left them in a perilous position, just one point above the drop zone.
For Garvey, they were ambushed by Corinthian in the closing minutes in a 2-2 draw. Things appeared to be going smoothly with Ollie Kidd and Mark McNellis putting them two clear in the fourth quarter but Davy Howard and veteran Andrew Sutton’s goal in the last 30 seconds earned the reds a point.
It drops Lisnagarvey from a one-point lead down to a one-point deficit behind Three Rock.
PHOTO – Adrian Boehm
- Dublin’s iconic Café en Seine Celebrates 30 years of excellence with a star-studded affair
- Ultraceuticals skincare celebrates 25 years at The Shelbourne
- Actress and breast cancer survivor Karen Egan urges public to get behind the Irish Cancer Society’s Big Pink Breakfast campaign
- Dog lovers united at sunset for ‘The Big Paws’ with Dogs Trust Ireland
- Corban Walker’s first solo exhibition