The 39th running of the AXA Raheny 5 proved to be a day of drama, excitement, and local pride in Raheny on Sunday last, January 29.
This year’s event drew a large crowd of athletes with 4,000 participating in the adult race, as well as over 600 children taking part in a range of underage races, which provided great excitement for those taking part and dramatic for those watching.
“Raheny Shamrock’ were delighted to see such a large number of runners and supporters attend the event. There was a great buzz around the course in Raheny. The support from the local community like every year was fantastic” said AXA Raheny 5 race director Dave Hooper.
“Even after 39 years, this race continues to go from strength to strength, with participants from all parts of the country taking part.
“Axa are delighted to be involved again this year – the event is a real demonstration of what local communities can achieve,” said Marguerite Brosnan CEO AXA Insurance Dac.
“Congratulations to Ryan Creech (Cork) and Donegal woman Ann Marie McGlynn who proved worthy winners on the day, and to all who participated. Also to all the volunteers who help make this event so, so popular” she concluded.
See full results at MyrunresultsWeb
- Attack on the Innocents that shocked the nation
- Serial offender with 111 previous convictions jailed for armed robbery
- She’s Back!! Mrs Brown’s Boys D’LIVE SHOW returns in 2024
- Sinn Féin Leader calls on Taoiseach to sack Justice Minister
- Sparkle & Glamour at InterContinental Dublin’s Festive Afternoon Tea