DUBLIN’S Aoife Hopkins achieved a personal best at the women’s Laser Radial (ILCA6) World Championships in Mussanah, Oman on Monday after winning the 10th race of the series.
The Howth Yacht Club sailor had gone into the final day holding 20th overall and convincingly won the penultimate race before placing 17th to end the regatta 17th overall.
“Aoife sailed an excellent regatta in very challenging conditions against the world’s best,” said James O’Callaghan, Performance Director with Irish Sailing.
“Under pressure to secure funding, she has delivered in style. It is no more than she deserves after a really tough few years.”
Hopkins is part of Irish Sailing’s Senior Squad working towards qualification for Paris 2024 in the women’s single-handed event .
Howth Yacht Club’s Aoife Hopkins came 17th in Oman
- Oh, what a night of Culture in Dublin’s fair city
- Be warned: Storm Agnes on the way!
- “Turn2Me” – launches support group for parents of bullied children
- Introducing Bellamianta’s 4-in-1 makeup brush – your new beauty ally!
- “Balbriggan Stockings, Old Masters and the Bells of Howth” at the Bracken Court on Weds next, 8pm