By John Crothers
The men’s and women’s AIL both resumed last Saturday with Stradbrook Road playing host to two big wins for Blackrock.
Rock’s men maintained their pursuit of runaway Division 2B leaders Greystones and boosted their playoff hopes with a hard-fought 19-10 win over strugglers Malahide.
Three tries in 10 minutes before half-time from Colm Gallagher, John Gallagher and Matt Cosgrove were key, although the home side were unable to secure what would have been a very useful try bonus point as the visitors kept them scoreless in the second half.
The first round of the Top Four saw Rock’s women see off Dublin rivals Old Belvedere 16-0.
Photo: JC Sports Photography
- Council joins Bord Bia Bloom Festival with special parklet
- SOS protest re polluted waters
- Food basket report reveals continuing pressure on family budgets
- Pádraig Harrington announces Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind’s Nationwide Golf Challenge
- Diesel and petrol prices already on the rise