DUNDRUM South Dublin AC’s Kate Doherty has been named in the Irish women’s 4x100m relay team while Crusaders’ Andrew Mellon in the mixed 4x400m line-up for the upcoming World Athletics Relays in Poland this weekend.
A top eight finish for either of these squads guarantees Olympic qualification.
A top 10 finish in the women’s 4x100m or top 12 finish in the mixed 4x400m at this event, meanwhile, would ensure qualification for the World Athletics Championships Oregon 2022.
Elsewhere, Crusaders’ Colin Quirke will represent Ireland in the discus at the European Throwing Cup in Split, Croatia on May 8 and 9 with Clonliffe Harriers’ Stephen Rice contesting the javelin.
In the Under-23 category, Raheny Shamrock’s Niamh Fogarty will also be in action.
PHOTO – Kate Doherty of Dundrum South Dublin AC BY Eoin Noonan Sportsfile
- Gardaí appeal for help to locate missing 17-year-old from Rathmines
- The Future of Public Service Delivery shows reliance and disparity between voluntary and paid sector
- Warning of ‘thermal stress’ impact on Dublin fish
- Ballyboden close gap on Sarsfields
- Permission for almost 1,000 apartments in Blanchardstown upheld by An Bord Pleanála