Congratulations to the Naomh Mearnog U14 players who were the 2023 winners of the annual Govan Jolliffe-Byrne Memorial Tournament.
The tournament which serves in memory to Govan, who sadly passed away whilst travelling in Africa during the summer of 2015. Govan was an integral part of both the Football and GAA clubs of Portmarnock and was a barman in Portmarnock Sport and Leisure Centre. As Saturday’s play came to a close, the Shield final was won by the U14 Skerries Harps and the cup final was taken home by Naomh Mearnog. Govan’s parents Bob and Elaine were on hand to present the Cup, the Shield and medals to the winning teams.
All proceeds raised from the tournament were donated to the Portmarnock Arch Club, an organisation dedicated towards to providing activities that engage members with developing their lifeskills.
Photos Alison O’Hanlon
- GOLF: Portmarmock’s Fox lands north of Ireland title
- Finglas float through in FAI Junior Cup
- Rugby team raising the spirit of the nation with seismic displays in France
- Great attendance and political support for Baldoyle/Clongriffin protest
- Calling Dublin men to do The Dickie Dip for prostate cancer care!