Dublin City Harriers’ Nadia Power recorded a new personal best in Vienna this week, breaking the Irish national Indoor 800m record into the bargain in what was her season opening race on Saturday.
Her time of 2.02.44 was 0.02 inside the previous best – held by DSDAC’s Siofra Cleirigh-Buttner – and she is anticipating more is to come, saying it was “a tactically bad race [but] is a very decent start to 2021! Excited for more over the next few weeks.”
Her target is to build for the European indoor championships in Poland in March.
- 2,000 recycled drink cans used to make ocean-themed sculpture to mark World Environment Day
- Planned protest for this weekend re 123 route diversion averted
- Made in Darndale another electrically entertaining success!
- Airfield Estate, Dublin’s Only Urban Farm and Gardens Launch “World of Soil” Experience
- Dublin City Council unveiled a plaque to Seosamh Mac Grianna in St Anne’s Park