It was business as usual for free-scoring St Paul’s Artane as they progressed to the next stage of the Leinster Junior Cup.
Artane were in seventh heaven as they accounted for Kildare’s Allenwood Celtic in the provincial contest.
The LSL Major Sunday outfit, who exited the Fai Junior and Pollikoff Cups in recent weeks, saw four scorers share seven goals as they secured a fourth round place.
Ger Keating replaced Allan Talbott as the Saints hat trick hero for this game, although the livewire wide man did find his way onto the score sheet, as did Ryan Boyd Nathan Donahue and Christopher O’Reilly in the one sided rout.
Lee McEvoy was among the scorers as St Francis made it next stop Round 4 with a 2-0 win over Railway Union.
St Patrick’s CY survived a late SVS push to win a seven goal thriller 4-3 and progress.
Sandyhill Shangan progressed via the same scoreline after cracking contest with Killester Donnycarney’s Saturday side.
Gavin Doyle was on the double for the hosts while Nicky O’Brien and Lee Somers accounted for their other strikes.
David Lacey, Craig Doran and Matthew Taafe were on the scoresheet for Killester.Kilmore Celtic were also involved in a high-scoring encounter, drawing 3-3 with Leixlip United and eventually winning progressing via a penalty shootout, their goal keeper scoring the winning peno.
- Proactive steps for your baby’s health
- Host a coffee morning, attend a coffee morning or donate to the cause to raise vital funds
- Ryanair claim winter flights reduction from Dublin Airport is due to daa’s “mismanagement” and lack of forward planning
- Ladies full boxy, mind and soul workout
- Fingal prioritise ‘Make Way Day’ with new Access Officer appointed