Crumlin United cemented their status as the No 1 second string in the country by winning another Major Saturday league title last week.
The Pearse Park club’s Saturday side stole some spotlight from their Championship chasing Sunday counterparts by winning silverware in style.
United put five past Maynooth on Thursday last to ensure they saw off a late push from Malahide and finish ahead of the likes of St Mochta’s and a strong Tolka Rovers side to retain the title.
Shane Hyland and Adam Barrett were both on the double in the title-clinching game with Nathan Benson also finding his way onto the scoresheet.
There was no procession before the title parade for the Tony Griffiths, Stephen Larkin and Garreth O’Toole mentored team on Saturday as UCD came to Pearse Park and secured a 3-0 win.
It didn’t spoil the party and a strong side celebrated the continuation of their Major champion reign.
- SOS protest re polluted waters
- Food basket report reveals continuing pressure on family budgets
- Pádraig Harrington announces Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind’s Nationwide Golf Challenge
- Diesel and petrol prices already on the rise
- Mother & Baby campaigner Tony Kelly laid to rest