By John Crothers
An unbeaten half-century from captain Gaby Lewis saw her Scorchers side retain their Evoke Super 20 Series title at Oak Hill Cricket Club on Sunday.
It was winner-take-all going into the final game with Rebecca Stokell’s Typhoons looking to break the Scorcher’s strangehold on domestic silverware.
Three wickets each from Aimee Maguire and Sophie MacMahon restricted the Typhoons to a modest total of 101 and it took the Scorchers just 14 overs to secure the victory, Lewis’ 50 coming off just 48 balls with able support from their overseas player, Zimbabwe captain Mary-Anne Musonda (29).
The Super 50 Series competition gets under way next weekend as a busy season for Ireland’s cricketers continues with a tour to the West Indies in June and a 3-game ODI home series against world champions Australia in July.
- WINNERS OF YOUNG CHEF YOUNG WAITER AWARDS AT EVENT IN TITANIC BELFAST
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made
- Five deaths on Irish roads this weekend including motorcycle fatality in Tallaght
- ‘Life in Ireland and Fingal’ theme for Festival of History