Bohemians in action against FC United last Saturday at Dalymount Park. Picture: Martin Doherty

BOHEMIANS have signed 19-year-old Dan Casey for their last 13 games of the campaign and, subject to international clearance, goes straight into the first team squad for their trip to Finn Harps on Friday.
The 19-year-old, who can play at right-back or centre-back, signs after four years with Sunderland and featured in Bohs’ friendly against FC United of Manchester on Saturday.
A graduate of St Joseph’s Boys AFC, he has represented Ireland at international level up to and including Under-19 level.
Manager Keith Long said: “I’ve known Dan since he was with St Joseph’s. He was a very sought-after player before going over to Sunderland.
“I’m delighted to sign him. He’s a big, powerful lad. He’s a player who I believe will be a good addition to the squad. We’ve got someone coming home who is hungry to succeed and who wants to play.
“He’s had four years as a young pro at Sunderland and has played at Under-23 level there. Now he wants first-team football.
“I think we’ve got someone who feels he’s got a bit of a point to prove and I believe he will do that at Dalymount.”
As for the game against FC United, a late Danny Brady header saw the visiting English side win 2-1 in their summer friendly at Dalymount Park.
Another new Bohs signing Keith Dalton had given the Dubliners the lead just before the hour mark but his effort was cancelled out by Scott Kay.
Early on, Bohs had the first major chance when Ciaran O’Connor was denied by Lloyd Allinson. In reply, FC United did get the ball in the goal on the 21 minute mark but Shane Supple was fouled when catching Jason St Juste’s cross.
The goalkeeper made a trio of good saves in the first half with Kaleem Simon having the pick of the chances in a scoreless first half.
Into the second half, Allinson kept out Dalton as Bohs upped their tempo as Ciaran O’Connor also drew a save, albeit with a tame enough shot.
They took the lead just before the hour mark when Dalton embarked on a top run before shooting low off the inside of the post for the 1-0 lead.
FC United, though, took little time to level the tie when Kian Clarke – the substitute goalkeeper – was unable to deal with a ball in from the right wing. Kay was on hand to nod in.
The English side continued to press on as time wore on though Stephen Donnelly’s shot did bang the frame of the goal.
FC United did get their winner when another cross was not dealt with and Brady was there to notch the deciding goal.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here