League of Ireland first division – Cabinteely FC 2 – Treaty United 1
CABINTEELY leap-frogged Treaty United as goals five minutes either side of half-time saw them get the best of their Limerick opponents at Stradbrook.
The win lifts them to fourth place in the table after the first series of First Division matches, sitting just a point behind UCD and Athlone Town.
With half-time closing in, Cabo’s record goalscorer Marty Waters popped up with his first of the season.
Ben Clark’s goal-kick was helped on by Vilius Labutis to set Waters free who rounded Tadgh Ryan and slotted into an open goal.
Treaty equalised three minutes into the second half when Sean McSweeney picked up the pieces after Harry Halwax – who came on for the injured Clark at half-time – had parried away Edward McCarthy’s cross.
But the Cabinteely advantage was restored within minutes when Zak O’Neill’s long ball from right back found Waters. He flicked it through to Jordan Payne whose shot was deflected onto the crossbar.
Labutis was in the right place to head home the rebound and it proved to be the winner.
Next on the agenda is an away date with Wexford Youths with the Slaneysiders going in search of their first point of the season.
PHOTO CAPTION – Cabinteely goal scorers Marty Waters and Vilius Labutis
Photo Credit- Paul Lundy
- WINNERS OF YOUNG CHEF YOUNG WAITER AWARDS AT EVENT IN TITANIC BELFAST
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made
- Five deaths on Irish roads this weekend including motorcycle fatality in Tallaght
- ‘Life in Ireland and Fingal’ theme for Festival of History