Sligo All-Stars 67
Templeogue have won the InsureMyVan.ie Men’s U20 National League Plate final, defeating Sligo All-Stars 82-67 at the National Basketball Arena.
There was nothing to separate the sides in the opening quarter, Daire Murray, who’s featured for Griffith College Templeogue in the InsureMyVan.ie Super League this season, hit 11 points for Templeogue, as they held a 24-20 lead at the end of first.
Templeogue made a blistering start to the second quarter, Cian Finn’s big three with four seconds left saw them move 17 points clear, 43-26. But Sligo All-Stars responded with a 12-point run, finished off by Ryan Young’s basket, to trail 43-38.
Templeogue’s Callum McGrail, another player who is part of Griffith College Templeogue’s Super League squad, had the last say in the quarter, his two pointer brought his personal tally to 11 and the Dublin club had a 45-38 lead at half-time.
Templeogue responded with six consecutive points, McGrail’s rebound completing that run and they were ahead 71-64.
They continued to build a score from the free throw line and would win it 82-67. Templeogue’s McGrail picked up the MVP, following his 20-point haul.
PHOTOS – SPORTSFILE
- Proactive steps for your baby’s health
- Host a coffee morning, attend a coffee morning or donate to the cause to raise vital funds
- Ryanair claim winter flights reduction from Dublin Airport is due to daa’s “mismanagement” and lack of forward planning
- Ladies full boxy, mind and soul workout
- Fingal prioritise ‘Make Way Day’ with new Access Officer appointed