Two Dublin athletes were among the stars to shine at last weekend’s National Championships in Santry’s Morton Stadium as next month’s Tokyo Olympics moves into focus.
Eighteen-year-old sprint sensation Rhasidat Adeleke came out on top in a thrilling 100m final.
The Tallaght ace crossed the line in a blistering 11.29 to set a new championship record and sit just 0.01 seconds off the all-time Irish record.
Adeleke just edged out Molly Scott (11.46) in second place, and Aoife Lynch (11.69) in third.
UCD’s Sarah Healy (20) also enjoyed a resounding 1500m victory in 4 mins 15.08 secs .
- Cadbury Supporter & A Half Campaign launches new FAI Cadbury ‘Kick Fit’ programme
- ‘I Beg Your Pardon: Rose Garden’ summer collection now available at Dunnes Stores
- Driving test delays are longest in South Dublin
- Dublin Port security provider is Outstanding Company again
- Dublin named tenth friendliest city to visit in Europe