Introduction and General Terms
Dublin Gazette Newspapers (DGN) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our products and services.
The Websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them to ensure you are informed and happy with their policies. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will Dublin Gazette Newspapers collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from DGN, such as newsletters, purchases of products or services, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, business name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable DGN and to provide you with the services you have selected or are related to previous requests or enquiries.
How will Dublin Gazette Newspapers use the information it collects about me?
DGN will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for the purposes of “service administration”. This means that DGN may contact you for reasons relating to the service you have signed up for or offers relating to previous requests or purchases made with DGN.
- for example to provide you with a password reminder, or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance.
- to contact you about any information you have submitted to the Website, including any content you provide or sales enquiries.
- To highlight any upcoming offers, specials or promotions.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Website, for example to provide you with the best navigation experience.
- to send you information regarding news, offers & industry trends
- Where DGN proposes to use your personal information for uses other than those set out here, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as set out in this policy.
When will Dublin Gazette Newspapers contact me?
DGN may contact you in certain circumstances, including:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that DGN can deliver these services to you;
- where you have asked to receive further correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about DGN products & services (participation is always voluntary);
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the Website or newspapers; and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to.
Will DGN share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within DGN.
Offensive or inappropriate content on a Website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to a Website or one of our employees, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on a www.dublingazette.com, DGN may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where DGN reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of Ireland (for example, but without limitation, because content you have posted may be defamatory), DGN may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to a Website or company. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will DGN keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with DGN.
If you wish to you can stop receiving correspondence and have your personal data removed from our database, your account will be deleted upon receipt of notification to cancel. Once this is deleted, personal information attaching to that account will not be used or processed by DGN, and will be deleted within one month of notification of account cancellation.
Where you contribute to a Website, DGN will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I find out what personal information DGN holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of personal information DGN holds about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected, under the Data Protection Act. We are entitled to charge a nominal fee to process such requests (currently €10 per request) and request that you provide proof of your identity in the form of two items of approved photographic identification (e.g. a passport and drivers’ licence). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files within 30 days.
Dublin Gazette Newspapers
Dundrum Office park