An Taoiseach, Micheál Martin TD, will meet Prime Minister Boris Johnson at Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland today (Thursday 13 August).
This will be their first meeting since Micheál Martin became Taoiseach.
Today’s meeting will be an opportunity for discussion of a number of issues of mutual concern.
Covid-19 will top the agenda and the two leaders are expected to discuss their respective experiences of managing the virus and dealing with its economic and societal impact.
They will also discuss Brexit, including the continuing negotiations between the UK and the EU, with less than six months to the end of the transition period.
Northern Ireland and bilateral relations between Dublin and London will also be discussed.
- Explore Bull Island as you never have before with this new app
- Halted Adamstown scheme re-started by South Dublin County Council
- No decision made on seating at Hill 16, officials confirm
- Family businesses call for Capital Gains Tax cut in Budget 2020 to help save jobs
- Gentle equine giants are a tradition at Balleally Shires in Lusk