An Taoiseach, Micheál Martin TD, will meet Prime Minister Boris Johnson at Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland today (Thursday 13 August).
This will be their first meeting since Micheál Martin became Taoiseach.
Today’s meeting will be an opportunity for discussion of a number of issues of mutual concern.
Covid-19 will top the agenda and the two leaders are expected to discuss their respective experiences of managing the virus and dealing with its economic and societal impact.
They will also discuss Brexit, including the continuing negotiations between the UK and the EU, with less than six months to the end of the transition period.
Northern Ireland and bilateral relations between Dublin and London will also be discussed.
- Costello aims for smooth transition at St Kevin’s Boys
- Aldi extends Click-and-Collect Service in Dublin City
- Jail warning for former security guard found with thousands of images of child abuse
- Clondalkin food bank supports 175 families through pandemic poverty crisis
- Work colleagues take on challenge to help Dun Laoghaire engineer’s recovery