Dublin City’s Comhairle na nÓg is asking people all over the city to take a new pledge to mark ‘Pride’ on this last Saturday of June.
The pledge was launched on social media with to make Dublin City Comhairle na nÓg a welcoming space for all members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Anyone taking the pledge promised to:
- Encourage diversity and to treat everyone equally regardless of their identity
- Take a zero tolerance attitude towards discrimination of the LGBTQIA+ community
- Educate ourselves and those around us on the issues that face the LGBTQIA+ community
- Normalise and respect the display of all pronouns e.g. She/Her, He/ Him, They/Them
- Continue to engage with LGBTQIA+ issues and to spread awareness
As a follow on from the Dublin City Comhairle LGBTQIA+ pledge, in September a LGBTQIA+ School pledge will be piloted in Dublin City Comhairle membership schools.
The pledge lists out a number of actions that Dublin City Comhairle Na nÓg are asking schools to take on in support of LGBTQIA+ youth in the school setting. The pledge pack will also include LGBTQIA+ material that can be given out to students e.g. bags, badges and flags.