GARDAI are continuing their investigations at the scene of the horror blaze in Inchicore on Monday night which left a young mum and her son critically injured.
Maggie Green, who is aged in her 30s, and her son Francie (8) were seriously injured in the late night blaze at the Tyrone Place 1950s block of flats.
Her son John (13) was rescued without injury, while daughter Savannah (7) received burns to her hands.
The blaze is being treated as suspicious, with the scene preserved and a technical examination is ongoing. Gardai are investigating how the fire may have started.
A Garda spokesperson confirmed: “Gardai in Kilmainham are investigating a fire that occurred at a flat at Tyrone Place, Inchicore at approximately 11pm [on Monday night].”
Cllr Daithi Doolan (SF) said the community is shocked: “The whole community here in Inchicore is in shock over what happened. I want to wish them all a fast recovery. My thoughts are with them and the family at this time.
“It is important that the city council carry out a full investigation now as to how this started, along with the gardai.
“The kids and Maggie should have been getting up for school, but instead they are in hospital in a very bad way.”
Investigating Gardai are seeking witnesses to the incident, or to talk to anyone who was in the vicinity of Tyrone Pace between 10.30pm and midnight on Monday night to contact them at Kilmainham Garda Station at 01 666 9700, the Garda Confidential Line at 1800 666 111, or any garda station.