Up to 70 new cases of Covid-19 has been confirmed at Intel in Leixip, Co Kildare.
The group outbreak occurred at the company’s construction site for its new manufacturing plant.
A spokesman confirmed the number as “approximately 70” and described the situation as “fluid” but it is understood that further testing has resulted in more positive cases being found.
The company and the main contractor are now engaged with public health authorities while all employees on the site have been notified of the situation.
A spokesman for the builders’ umbrella body, the Construction Industry Federation, stressed that it did not expect this outbreak on a building site at Intel to affect the expected reopening of all construction sites on May 4.
The Federation’s DG, Tom Parlon, said this discovery was a “blip”.
- On line eMagazine for dog lovers in Dublin
- First Glimpse of Future Opel Astra
- Colaiste Phadraig students receive Silver Gaisce Awards
- Italian Fashion store Pinko To Open First Irish Store
- National Library photographic exhibition documents LGBT, life & activism