Dublin City Council is inviting everyone across the city to ‘Enjoy the Hugh Lane Gallery from Home’ during the lockdown.
From art classes and online talks, to art appreciation courses, art history classes and Culture Clubs, if you love art or you’ve always wanted to know more about it, well now’s your chance!
The Hugh Lane Gallery plays a vital part in the cultural life of the city. Lockdown has certainly thrown up challenges, but it has also provided opportunities for people who might not have done so in the past to connect with the Gallery.
“Since lockdown last March, the Hugh Lane Gallery has been attracting new visitors through its website with engagement levels across social media channels up by 300%. With a variety of options for people there really are many fascinating and engaging topics to explore and enjoy,” said Barbara Dawson, Director of the Hugh Lane Gallery.
- Two men arrested following gunfire at house in Finglas
- Government decision to reject fireworks motion “a kick in the teeth”
- Senator calls for Government to amend policy on HPV vaccine
- Man sentenced to 10 months for stealing cigarettes
- Fury as O’Rahilly House ‘illegally’ demolished by developers
The newly created online art activities aren’t just for children either. There’s ideas for all ages include teenagers and adults!
“It is wonderful to stay connected with our artists and audiences as well as reaching new people through our lively programmes including our Art History series, Culture Clubs, Coffee Conversations and our engaging and imaginative short films suggesting art ideas for all ages. Our live series of talks have been full to capacity and the feedback has been really encouraging and positive” said Jessica O’Donnell, Head of Education and Community Outreach at the Hugh Lane Gallery.
Last Sunday also saw the release of the first in a special series of Sundays@Noon concerts recorded at the gallery, and streamed online for the first time ever without an audience. Over 3,000 people listened online.
You can find out more about workshops for children here: www.bit.ly/HughLaneWS
Our coffee conversations take place every Wednesday at 11am: www.bit.ly/HughLaneCC
To find out more about the world of art and artists as well as the Hugh Lane Gallery, go to the website: www.hughlane.ie
- Two men arrested following gunfire at house in FinglasGardaí have arrested two males following reports of shots being fired at a house in Heathfield…
- Government decision to reject fireworks motion “a kick in the teeth”The Government’s decision to oppose a fireworks safety motion has been described as a “kick in…
- Senator calls for Government to amend policy on HPV vaccineIndependent Senator Lynn Ruane has called on the Department of Health to amend its policy of…
- Man sentenced to 10 months for stealing cigarettesA man stole cigarettes from a shop after failing to convince the shopkeeper that he should be allowed…
- Fury as O’Rahilly House ‘illegally’ demolished by developersO’Rahilly House in Ballsbridge was demolished in the early hours of this morning, despite Dublin City…