Chartered Physiotherapists in Dublin have launched a new initiative to help women taking part in the VHI Mini Marathon’s Virtual Race.
The ‘Physios for Fundraising’ initiative is looking to aid women who are participating in the virtual race, by helping them look after their body. On October 17, Chartered Physiotherapists in Dublin will be donating their time to support local participants who are walking or running for charity.
The Physios for Fundraising initiative is offering participants a 30-minute consultation with a Chartered Physio in one of the seven participating clinics in Dublin.
In an effort to drive donations, local physios are welcoming race goers and asking them to donate the consultation fee to their nominated charities. In other words, clients book an appointment and donate the appointment fee to charity.
Chartered Physiotherapist Ann-Marie Ennis of Swords Physiotherapy said: “Over 14,000 women are participating in the virtual event this year and are going to complete a 10k race for charity.
“People may be feeling a bit stiff after all the training or discovered niggles that they didn’t even know existed! Each person has their own goals for the event and we are delighted to support people achieve both their fitness and fundraising goals.”
14 clinics will be taking place across Dublin, including:
- Sutton Cross Physiotherapy, North Dublin
- CityPhysio, Lucan, North Dublin
- Sampson Physiotherapy, Blanchardstown, North Dublin
- Swords Physiotherapy, North Dublin
- Susan Quinn Physiotherapy, Raheny, North Dublin
- Castleknock Physiotherapy and Acupuncture, North Dublin
- Monkstown Movement Clinic, South Dublin
- Physio6 based in Dartmouth Square, Ranelagh, South Dublin
- Total Physio, Sandyford, South Dublin Monkstown Movement Clinic, South Dublin
- The Court Clinic, Corneslcourt, South Dublin
- PhysioExtra @Slievemore Clinic, Stillorgan, South Dublin
- Ballsbridge Physiotherapy Clinic, South Dublin
- Spectrum Health – The Physio Company, Temple Bar, Dublin City Centre
- Pearse Street Physiotherapy, Dublin City Centre
More information about the initiative, participating physios and booking an appointment can be found at The National Physio Fundraising Day 2020 webpage, https://book.askthephysio.ie/.