Dublin City Council would like to announce that it is extending the hours of the Grafton St Area Pedestrian Trial to 11pm this weekend.
This is in response to the extremely positive feedback following the first weekend of the trial, which took place last weekend and saw a number of streets pedestrianised until 7pm.
Each of the locations below will be closed to traffic from 11am to 11pm this Saturday, Sunday, and Bank Holiday Monday.
The locations are:
- Anne Street South from the junction of Dawson Street
- Duke Street from the junction of Dawson Street
- South William Street from the Brown Thomas carpark exit to Chatham Row
- Drury Street from Fade Street to the Drury Street carpark
- Dame Court from Exchequer street
The trial will be monitored closely over the weekend and if we experience a positive outcome the extension until 11pm will remain in place for the weekends beginning August 8th and August 15th.
- Taoiseach pays tribute to Brendan Halligan
- Swords girl Cait, 5, named best junior baker
- Statement on the introduction of public health measures for Kildare, Offaly and Laois
- SFA make statement about Face Coverings and EWSS
- Court finds in favour of Raheny lands developer
These measures are being taken to support the economic recovery of the city by providing more space for pedestrians during weekends to encourage people to return for shopping and to make use of the many cafes and restaurants in the area and so enjoy the city centre. This series of weekends will provide a unique opportunity for people to relax in the city centre on pedestrian-only streets and to rediscover the many attractions of these areas.
Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times, as will access to carparks in the area.
Five disabled parking bays will be moved to alternative locations during the times of the trials. The three disabled parking bays on Drury Street and the one disabled parking bay on Dame Court will be moved to Clarendon Street (not Exchequer Street as was the location last weekend). The disabled parking bay on South Anne Street will be moved to Molesworth Street.