FIANNA Fail Cllr Adrian Henchy has called on the incoming government to establish a national strategy to urgently address coastal erosion.
The Portrane-Donabate Cllr said a high level working group was needed to develop national policies and establish responsibility for erosion and coastal flooding.
- Cosgrave’s – The Butcher Shop: still a cut above the rest!
- Balgaddy housing failing residents says human rights watchdog
- Dubs stars: Lord Mayor rewards city’s ‘Covid Heroes’
- Bracken River Memories
- Campaign hails strength of ‘scoliosis warriors’
He said: “While I am very much aware of the effects climate change has had on the coastal villages of Portrane and Donabate the reality is climate change is a real and present challenge that must be tackled by National and European Policies.
“Now with every storm and or high tide the village of Portrane residents and businesses can only watch as they grow closer to the sea by the day. Naturally this is causing serious anxiety and distress.
“While, the Seabees are a welcome interim emergency solution, they are not the long term answer.
“The incoming government must immediately apply a sense of urgency to this issue. Time will not wait for residents of Portrane and many other coastal communities.
“There has been enough studies, reports, consultants and experts at this stage.”
- Cosgrave’s – The Butcher Shop: still a cut above the rest!WHEN it comes to generations-old family-run businesses few can compete with Cosgrave’s – The Butcher Shop.…
- Balgaddy housing failing residents says human rights watchdogCOUNCIL tenants have been left to endure mould, damp, poor heating and rodent infestations according to…
- Dubs stars: Lord Mayor rewards city’s ‘Covid Heroes’OUTGOING Lord Mayor Tom Brabazon presented five worthy Dubliners with awards to celebrate their new status…
- Bracken River MemoriesBALBRIGGAN residents have a chance to share memories of Bracken River thanks to a unique new oral history project.…
- Campaign hails strength of ‘scoliosis warriors’A DUBLIN hospital has launched an online campaign to raise awareness of spinal conditions in young…