Gardaí in Tallaght have seized drugs with an estimated value of €1.1m along with a number of imitation firearms during an operation in south west Dublin today.
As part of ongoing investigations led by the District Detective Unit in Tallaght, an operation was carried out this morning at storage facility in the City West area, where twenty seven storage containers were searched under warrant.
In a statement, An Garda Siochana said: “During the course of the searches Gardaí recovered quantities controlled drugs comprising of Suspected cannabis herb, valued at approximately €452,100, suspected Crack Cocaine, valued at approximately €542,500 and suspected Cocaine, valued at approximately €70,000.
“The total value of drugs seized is approximately €1.1 million (pending analysis by FSI).
“The operation was led by the District Detective Unit Tallaght assisted by District Detective Unit Rathfarnham, Drugs Unit Tallaght, Burglary Response Unit DMR South, Emergency Response Unit, the Dog Unit and other local units.
“Four imitation firearms were also seized during the course of the searches. No arrests were made in this phase of the investigation.
“An Incident Room has been established at Tallaght Garda Station and the scene is currently being preserved pending technical and forensic examination.
“Investigations are ongoing.”
- Engineers Ireland report finds 71% of female engineers believe sector offers plenty of job opportunities
- Looking to refresh your wardrobe? Try these playful prints for Spring
- Nivea launch new ‘Hyaluron’ range for men
- Looking for a sweet treat? Try these ‘No Bake Oat Bars’
- Get glowing: Luxury tan brand Bellamianta launch range with Maura Higgins