No Halloween party is complete without a selection of scarily delicious snacks. With recipes for sweet and savoury bites, ALDI has everything you need to be the ‘ghostess with the mostest’ this year!
From Mummified Sausage Rolls to Strawberry Ghosts, give them a go for yourself…if you dare!
Mummified Sausage Rolls
- For eyes Bramwell’s Processed Peas No Added Sugar, €0.59 (420g)
- 1 sheet Greenvale Puff Pastry, €1.39 (375g)
- Brannan’s 16 Irish Pork Sausages, €1.59 (454g)
- 2 tbsp Specially Selected Caramelised Onion Relish, €1.79 (320g)
- 1 Healy’s Farm Irish Medium Free-Range Eggs, €1.89 (6 Pack)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Remove skin from the sausages.
- On a large piece of cling film spread the sausage meat into a long sheet and flatten to 14cm width.
- Spoon a thin column of the relish along the middle of the sausage meat.
- Seal the chutney in by bringing the sausage meat around on both sides using the cling film and press the meat together.
- Freeze the sausage log for 10-15 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and cut into 1cm thick strips.
- Lay the strips on a piece of baking parchment unevenly.
- Place the sausage meat log onto the pastry strips.
- Wrap the strips roughly around the sausage meat from top to bottom leaving a 4cm gap half the way down for the face.
- Cut the log into 8 pieces.
- Stud the two “eyes” into the face gap.
- Put the sausage roll onto a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 50g Dairyfine Dark Chocolate, €1.39 (200g)
- 150g Choceur White Chocolate, €1.99 (200g)
- 12 rinsed and dried Flynn’s Irish Strawberries, €3.69 (400g)
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted dark chocolate on greaseproof paper to create drops and lines which can be the ghosts’ eyes and mouths.
- Leave to harden.
- Melt the white chocolate and dip the strawberries in, then place on greaseproof paper, dragging them a little to create the ghosts’ tails.
- Carefully place the eyes and mouth on the ghosts.
- Leave the strawberries in the fridge until ready to serve.