A student from Sandyford in Dublin has been awarded the European Commission Award for Journalism Relating to European Affairs at the 2023 National Student Media Awards which took place on Thursday April 20th, in the Aviva Stadium, writes Alex Greaney.
This award is given to the student who has written and published the best article relating to EU affairs. The winner of this category receives an award, a €1,000 prize that has been very generously donated by the European Commission Representation in Ireland and will have their article published in either a regional or online publication.
Tom O’Connor’s piece ‘Tales from Białowieża: A Polish forest steeped in history’ tells of his visit to the Białowieża forest; its history, the challenges it faces from the environment to migration, and outlines how the EU aims to protect forests like Białowieża.
The 21-year-old is a Third Year Law and Human Rights student in National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG).
- Dublin Principal Receives Prestigious Teachers Inspire Award at Dublin City University
- Calling on Dublin women small business owners: Visa brings She’s Next Programme to Ireland
- Summer Irish Pop-Up Collective
- The Alarm: “I found myself unconsciously playing along to the beeps of the heart monitors”
- Street Feast calls on Dublin communities to come together for a national day of celebrations!