Stanhope Street Primary in Stoneybatter was amongst the first to host the popular children’s fitness initiative ‘Fit Squad’ as it resumed its programme of in-person school visits following a two-year break during Covid.
Delivered by Irish fitness expert Tom Dalton and supported by Fyffes, the visits saw over 120 pupils participate in the active workout which included advice on healthy eating, demonstrations of exercises young people should do and tips on how to use leisure time to stay physically fit.
Continuing until next March, it is expected that some 7,500 pupils nationwide will participate in the interactive fitness sessions, adding to the over-20,000 pupils who have taken part in it since it was first launched in 2018.
Schools interested in receiving a similar visit can find details online at www.fyffesfitsquad.ie
- Proactive steps for your baby’s health
- Host a coffee morning, attend a coffee morning or donate to the cause to raise vital funds
- Ryanair reduce winter flights from Dublin Airport due to “mismanagement” and daa’s lack of forward planning
- Ladies full boxy, mind and soul workout
- Fingal prioritise ‘Make Way Day’ with new Access Officer appointed