Dublin’s Lord Mayor, Councillor Caroline Conroy, launched the inaugural Ringsend Recovery Month the Spellman Centre.
Commenting on the event, Mary Doolin, manager of Ringsend and District Response to Drugs, said: “Recovery Month is celebrated the world over every September to promote and encourage recovery from drug addiction. This year, for the first time Ringsend and District Response to Drugs will be organising activities and events for the whole month of September supporting those battling addiction.”
“The highlight of the month will be this year’s graduation ceremony. We have not been in a position to host the event since 2019. So this year’s event will take on added importance. The graduation will be held on Thursday, September 29th 7pm, Ringsend Technical College, Ringsend D4.
“Drug addiction does not have to be a life sentence. With the right supports and access to education, we firmly believe people can make a full recovery and move on with their lives”, she added.
The Spellman centre is located at 17 Irishtown Rd, Ringsend. Their contact number is (01) 667 7666
- White water facility floated again for Dock area
- Eddie Hearn has something big planned for Dublin big man Thomas Carty
- Shopping Centre prominent for Mental Health Ireland
- ‘We’re running the Dublin Marathon for our son Ross – and to help other parents and families to cope with suicide’
- One in ten people in Ireland do not have a family GP