The Mayor of Fingal, Councillor Adrian Henchy, has turned the sod on construction of the Harry Reynolds Road Pedestrian and Cycle Route in Balbriggan, writes Rachel Cunningham.
The new route will provide a cycle-link between Drogheda Street and Hamilton Road in Balbriggan.
It will serve three key school campuses at Ardgillan Community College, St. Molagas and Balbriggan Educate Together National School, as well as offering a safe cycling and walking route to shops, childcare facilities and community amenities including Millpond Park and Flemington Community Centre.
“Everyone in Balbriggan will benefit from this route,” said Chief Executive of Fingal County Council, AnnMarie Farrelly.
“We know that most local trips to the shops, schools, library, sports training and so on can very easily be done on foot or by hopping on a bike or scooter.
“The Harry Reynolds Road Pedestrian and Cycle Route has been designed to make that safer and to reduce our impulse to use the car for local journeys and instead enjoy active travel.”
- Get a glowing look with celebrity favourite JCat’s ‘SkinSurance’ Foundation!
- RSA warning following heavy rainfall and winds: slow down!
- WINNERS OF YOUNG CHEF YOUNG WAITER AWARDS AT EVENT IN TITANIC BELFAST
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made